Let the wild side of your class loose for a whole day of fun under the trees.
Let the wild side of your class loose for a whole day of fun under the trees. Perfect for a school trip or end of year treat where kids can run free in the forest, build dens, light fires, go on scavenger hunts and cook around our campfire. All activities are led by our experienced team of Forest School leaders and Bushcraft instructors. This is child-led play and experiential learning at it’s best!
We always have a bunch of activities up our sleeves but in Forest School it’s the children’s creativity and curiosity that decides exactly what they get up to. We provide the space, the supervision and guidance where they need it, the children do the rest and the woods always work their magic. Also, children can always choose to hang out in our tree hammocks, perfect if they want some peace and quiet.
Activities Could Include:
- Lighting your own campfire.
- Building and creating your own campsite deep in the woods.
- Creating our own forest obstacle course with rope walks, rope swings and tightropes between the trees.
- Playing favourite outdoor games like Capture the Flag, Firekeeper & Silent Stalker.
- Learning some woodcraft, whittling or chopping wood with sharp tools (all supervised of course).
- Tucking into campfire cooked snacks; fresh popcorn, hot marshmallows, sticky toffee apple slices and fluffy damper bread.
Children won’t even realise that they’re learning new skills, they’ll be having too much fun. Our Wild in the Woods day is all about getting children engaged in the outdoors, exploring nature, playing and learning together. Warning; kids might get muddy!
Children will also learn:
To enjoy solving problems.
Increased confidence through success with challenges like fire lighting.
Emotional intelligence and social skills during play and team activities.
To manage their own risk.
To lead and play different roles in teams effectively and responsibly.
To understand and consider the impact of their actions on their environment.
Our Wild in the Woods days are adaptable for Foundation Phase, KS1 and KS2.
Get in touch with us to book your Wild in the Woods session today.
LINKING TO THE NEW WELSH CURRICULUM
You can be sure that our Wild Curriculum sessions link into the Four Purposes of Education For Children & Young People as set out in the new Welsh Curriculum. The curriculum aims for all children to be…
- Ambitious and capable learners, who are ready to learn throughout their lives.
- Enterprising and creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work.
- Healthy and confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
- Ethical and informed citizens, who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
We wholeheartedly believe that learning outdoors, surrounded by nature is an effective way to nurture these characteristics in our young people. We also believe it’s more powerful for a child to find an answer for themselves than for us to give it to them right away. So, we always encourage the children’s curiosity and allow plenty of opportunities for kids to ask lots of questions and explore the different possible answers. This approach of mentoring young people fosters enquiring, bright minds. Whilst the natural settings we teach in and the themes we cover work toward building their mental and emotional well-being by developing confidence, resilience and empathy.
Take the first step toward giving your class an immersive outdoor learning experience. Come to our natural space that will inspire, motivate and educate. Simply get us in touch with using the form below.