Are you a creative individual with a passion for making videos?
Then you could be the Video Editor & Digital Marketer we’re looking for.
If you love creating videos and want to make that part of your future career then this role is the perfect first step.
We are looking for a creative individual with a passion for making videos to take our company YouTube channel, online video courses and social media presence to the next level.
As the majority of this role involves working online, the applicant can be based anywhere in the UK.
ABOUT THE JOB
The aim of this role is to:
- Edit exciting, engaging and professional looking videos for online media such as YouTube and e-learning platforms.
- Build our online audience and YouTube subscribers.
- Expand our video content on social media platforms including; facebook, tiktok and instagram.
- Create graphics, thumbnails and descriptions for video media.
- Undertake occasional on-location filming and photography of our outdoor course activities.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
The videos will feature our experienced instructional staff delivering outdoor skills. You will be supplied with all the raw video footage from which to edit.
This opportunity has been made available through the Kickstart Scheme. So, the applicant must be aged between 16-24 years, registered as unemployed and be eligible to receive Universal Credit or already claiming it.
Hours: 25 hours per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Term: 6 month contract
Deadline for Applications: Friday 25th February at 5pm.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone with the following skills, experience and qualifications.
- Competence with using digital video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or iMovie.
- Experience creating video projects of your own, either in a non-professional or professional capacity.
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who can manage their own work time and responsibilities.
- Access to high-speed broadband internet during work hours.
- Ability to work from home.
- Experience of editing video professionally.
- Further or Higher Education in Media.
- Experience of digital marketing.
- Proficient at using word processing and spreadsheets, such as Word and Excel.
- Access to your own transport.
- An interest in nature and outdoor pursuits.
- Own your own computer, suitable for video editing, ideally an Apple Mac.
As the majority of the role is online, the applicant will be required to work from home.
There will be the opportunity to join our team on location in North-East Wales during delivery of our outdoor courses and assist us during public outdoor events.
ABOUT WOODLAND CLASSROOM LTD.
Woodland Classroom is a small but growing outdoor education company, based in Wrexham, that specialises in reconnecting people of all ages with nature. We do this through an engaging programme of outdoor courses including bushcraft, wild food & foraging, forest school and wellbeing in nature. We work with adult learners, young people and organisations.
Over the past two years we have built up a reputation for quality online training in these skills taught through video lectures and live workshops to learners of all ages. You will join our small but passionate team in expanding our range of popular video courses.
SUPPORT YOU WILL RECEIVE
Regular in-person and online meetings with your Line Manager will be scheduled to support you and your ongoing progress.
A programme of external support and training is included, delivered by the West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce. This will include Work Skills training and a programme of personal mentoring.
Additional training will be made available to you through Skillshare online courses. Courses available include; professional video editing, graphic design and social media marketing. Relevant training will be selected depending on your experience, skillset and future goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send us a CV listing all relevant experience, skills and qualifications along with a covering letter to introduce yourself.
Applicants are also encouraged to include hyperlinks to example video projects they have edited or produced themselves, included within the covering letter.
Applications should be made to James Kendall and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are you waiting for? Apply Now
If you believe this is you, get in touch with us by sending an email along with your CV. What are you waiting for? Join our growing company and be part of something amazing.